nobody dances around coconut trees, believe me.
theyoungersister

fair, wheatish complexion. docile, domesticated, dancer. childbearing hips. by logical conclusion will make good wife.


previous posts

beautiful disaster
bigot
happy new year!
sons.
there shouldn't be exams for classes you actually ...
grandma
closet mangamma
the last supper
33 years
zoom


past

November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009


links

Ammani
ashley!
jingaling
nini
theOlderSister
yunwen (:
PostSecret


Shouts




Credits

Designer: Elies
Base code:OHsaygoodbye
Image: Kristi

Saturday, January 24, 2009

anger is not really a bad thing

10:30 PM
if you channel it to the right places. i, for instance, channel it into cleaning - i've cleaned my room. not majorly, but it's something i'd been putting off (amongst other things, like readings and serious ISM research but i started today! so that makes today the start of manymany things but i digress). my table, which i am supposedly to use for studying had piles of paper covering it so i was using that as an excuse for not being able to study at home. so i thought since i am angry, i might as well clean. now my room is relatively dust free, and the guilty laptop cable that poor granma tripped over is out of harm's way in my room so i can type essays AND do readings. and since i miss my KR room and hall and the people and most of all the freedom so much, i rearranged my furniture so that it'd resemble the hall fengshui so i can trick my brain every morning that when i wake up and trudge to the bathroom i'm going to see lishi typing out a lab report that was due 12 hours ago (: honeslty, i moved things around so the room would be neater - it was like playing tetris haha.

i am so prepared i actually armed myself with mortein to defend myself from attacking crazy cockroaches that might have nested in dark and dodgy corners of my room but thankfully there were none YAY. all my midnight snacking thank goodness didn't attract any friends (:

now i can legitimately hole myself up in my room, play loud unpleasant music and be anti social. i am going to be a REAL teenager!

so i had the most teenage conversation with my mother today. after she hung up on me twice (i now suspect she didn't know how to use the phone) we have a yelling match. it was great.

she: the next time you go for dinner with H's family you must tell me!
me: but i did! so what was the problem?
she: you don't tell me 10 minutes before!
me: i only find out 10 minutes before!
she: i am your mother you need to tell me things! i even found out about H from someone else!
(what does THAT have to do with ANYTHING?)
me: but i told you i wasn't in for dinner so what's the problem?
she: if you're going with the family you must tell me! it's different if you are having dinner in school!
(how many things wrong do you see in this logic? oh, the flaws. firstly, shouldn't it give her less psychobabble if i was with others? in school i could easily be doing dodgy things - which i am NOT - and over dinner i have to behave. which is the parents' preferred scenario you tell me? xiao)
me: why is it different? rationalise it for me.
(doing behavioural readings can really screw up your head, i tell you, when every other word is 'rational')
she: don't talk like your father.
(rule number 1 of parenting: never put down your spouse in front of the kids)
me: i need to understand, ma. if i don't understand i won't listen to you.
she: i am your mother! you listen to me!
me: why did you hang up on me?
she: i was in shock! you suddenly say you are going for dinner!
(i am confused. ok people need to eat. in shock? i didn't tell her that i missed my period, or that i have an STD or that i'm lesbian. AND only the third claim is remotely believable)

now i know why i'm so full of psychobabble. or why i am whacked, cuckoo, deranged, whatever. apparently in runs in the family wheeee. THIS is why i shouldn't have kids. yes? yes.



0 comments